Woodland Beach Property Owners Association
Lake Huron Centre for Coastal Conservation:
March 2016 Newsletter
* Feb. 2016 Newsletter Keeping an Eye on the Big Picture, Birdland, "Is the Coast Clear?" Conference, Time Well SpentGetting Familiar with Change, Just a Snow Machine, "Is the Coast Clear?" Conference, Feel the Burn! Beach 101, Costal Centre Staff Changes, Save the Date, Thanks Lake Huron
*Sep. 2014 Newsletter Dude, Where's My Beach?, Lake Turnover - a natural lake process, or a tasty dessert?, Have A Guilt-Free Labour Day
* Aug. 2014 Newsletter A matter of Etiquette, Watch it, Valuable Tips
* May 2014, Lake Huron e-News Mark Your Calendar, Bottom Dwellers, Friends in Our House, Smile
* Oct. 2013 Newsletter Fall lake level drop, Sssssensational, Stayin' Alive
* Sep. 2013 Newsletter National Beach Cleanup, Beach Mega Cleanup, Staying Upbeat.
* Aug. 2013 Newsletter Fighting Phragmites... without chemicals
* Mar 2013 Newsletter Water, You gotta love it; Buffering; Pot 'O Gold
* Feb. 2013 Newsletter... Article on lake levels
http://lakehuron.ca/index.php?page=green-ribbon-champion Click this link to learn more and sign up to participate.
Garlic mustard has invaded Tiny Township!
If you don’t already have this invasive plant on your property, you may have it in the near future. Please take the time to check your own property on Woodland Beach.
Garlic mustard has the ability to disrupt organisms in the soil that are necessary for tree germination and growth. Uncontrolled, it can completely ruin the natural vegetation of forested areas.
For more information, please read the recent issue of FoTTSA’s “The Tiny Cottager” (Page 3), or consult FoTTSA’s web-site@ www.tinycottager.org.
WB1 = off Siesta, WBS1 = Stream at Tamarac Trail, WB2 = off Tamarac Trail,
WBS2 = Stream at 2100 TBRS, WB3 = off 2100 TBRS, WB4 = off 2172 TBRS.
Woodland water samples are collected by volunteers from WBPOA and passed on to FoTTSA for processing with other Tiny Township Beaches.
Nitrate testing was done again this year in August. Check email for details or contact any W.B.P.O.A. director. You must pre-register was required to get a test bottle.
No problems were found.
Posted Sept 2011
Restore Our Water International
ROWI: http://www.restoreourwater.com... interesting read
INTERNATIONAL JOINT COMMISSION WANTS STUDY OF WATER LEVEL SOLUTIONS:
MIDLAND MIRROR April 30th Article...http://www.simcoe.com/news-story/2544945-ijc-wants-study-of-water-level-solutions/
Posted Sept 16, 2010